Designing, building, and optimising a website to produce strong organic growth in traffic
“Prototype Projects are exactly the type of business we like to work with. Their strong values very much align with our own, as does their experience and longevity in their industry. Working with Sadie to enhance the online presence of Prototype Projects is proving very successful as can be seen in their results – a testament to both businesses”
Phil Roper, Managing Director, Indigo Ross
3D Printing, CNC Machining, Rapid Prototyping, Model Making and Additive Manufacturing.
To update Prototype Projects online presence by rebuilding their current website and improving their search results to organically grow the number of enquiries.
A brand new high functioning website with search results on the first page of Google, including position 0!
Context and Challenge
Prototype Projects are a company experienced in a range of services directly associated with prototyping and short production runs. A successful family-owned business based in Royston, Hertfordshire, close to Cambridge, they supply customers across the UK.
With competition becoming increasingly difficult online, Prototype Projects needed a tool to analyse their online presence and capture their audiences searches.
That is where Indigo Ross can help, below is the work we undertook:
- Website Design & Development
- A complete redesign of the previous website.
- Fully Responsive Website
- Ensuring the website is accessible to all users no matter what device is being used.
- Site Audit
- We completed a site audit for our initial conversations before any work was undertaken. We provided Prototype information on their website such as their site health, keywords, and online competitors.
- Sitemap Overhaul
- After researching competition and high volume searches we updated the sitemap to match, this made for a much easier navigational system for users therefore increasing how many users visited the site.
- Search Engine Optimisation
- With all the information needed from our site audit and keyword research we optimised the entire website.
- Keyword Research
- Our monthly keyword research ensures Prototype stay up to date with the latest trends relevant to their market.
- Position Reports
- Knowing where you stand on Google is important. We track keywords so we know how well you are performing on Google. This also helps us plan future blogs and focus on key areas that may change within the industry.
Results that standout
The updated website has seen a rise in both users and conversions! Looking at our tracked keywords we have achieved our goal and we now have other companies advertising under our phrases!
Not only have Prototype Projects taken back their positionings they also achieved Position 0 on Google! Position Zero, Also known as a featured snippet, refers to the first Google result that appears – even above adverts!
“We have worked with Indigo Ross since 2021 when they developed our new website. Since then, they have carried out an SEO audit and now provide an ongoing SEO management service. Each month we receive a detailed report showing progress. Our key stats continue to improve month by month, and Indigo Ross take swift remedial action on the occasional event when stats drop slightly. We work mainly with Alex who is incredibly professional, knowledgeable and friendly; he offers sound advice and often goes that extra mile to help us out. We highly recommend Indigo Ross – they are a fantastic company to work with.”
Sadie, Prototype Projects